It is important that you observe the following instructions after your sedation session. They are as follows:
- You MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult who must remain in the practice throughout your appointment, escort you home afterwards and arrange for you to be looked after for the following 24 hours.
- You MUST NOT drive any vehicle , operate any machinery or use any domestic appliances for 24 hours following sedation.
- You MUST NOT drink any alcohol, return to work, make any appointments or sign any legal documents for 24 hours after sedation.
- If you are taking any medicines they should be taken at the usual times supervised by your escort for the 24 hours following sedation.
- Any illness occurring after the appointment should be reported immediately to the practice.
- Your escort should take you home after your treatment by private car rather than by public transport.